COMPAS Cultivating Opportunities through Mentoring and Promoting Academic Success
Being a college freshman has its challenges and a helpful hand from our peers is warmly accepted. The peer mentoring program at CAMP, also known as the COMPAS Program, matches students with program alumni to assist facilitating a smoother transition throughout the first year. The COMPAS (peer mentors) meet with their compitas (mentee) on a regular basis for various activities including tutoring, cultural events, workshops and exploring campus resources. The goal is to foster lasting friendships that benefit both the Compita and COMPA.
- Meet with your COMPA at least once a week.
- Attend at least one cultural, theatre or art performance each semester with your COMPA.
- Attend at least one community or university leadership lecture each semester with your COMPA.
- Attend other workshops and presentations with your COMPA.
- Communicate with your COMPA any problems that may arise.
- Attend any other activities you and your COMPA have planned.
Spring 2017 COMPAS